Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mario and Minestrone

You know you're a foodie when ...
it's 10:30 at night and you're waiting for your homemade Italian minestrone to finish simmering so you can taste it and then go to sleep. 

Apparently I got waaaaaaay too excited about my meal plan for the week yesterday and decided to do a bunch of cooking all at once rather than waiting to cook on the day(s) when we're supposed to actually eat each item.

So now we have [extra] spicy tomato soup and minestrone awaiting us in the fridge.

Oh yeah, and the last of the potato soup I made this weekend.

And a squash soup I pulled out of the freezer to make room in there for some of the new soup.

Note: Soup season has definitely come to Seattle. 
And with it comes "video game season".


"But, Stephanie," you say. "Mr. Dude is a video gamer. Isn't it always video game season?"

Yes. Sort of. It's more like the "I won't complain [as much] if Mr. Dude wants to play for more than an hour at a time because the weather is bad and we're all inside anyways" season. I may choose to read a book and drink tea. He can play games if he wants.

Unfortunately for him [and me], he's also usually trying to get me to play.

Um. I don't play video games.

I mean, I can play a random game of Mario Kart, as in - I'm not usually paying enough attention to the controls to actually make it look like I'm doing any of the maneuvers on purpose. But that's only when we've got a bunch of people over who all want to play and I am literally the only person who wouldn't be playing otherwise. If I finish above 4th place on any of the 10 rounds I subject myself to, it's by sheer luck.

But that doesn't stop Mr. Dude from trying. Oh no. It would take a LOT more than that.

And to be honest, I think it's rather funny to see the all the things he comes up with to attempt to convince me that I, too, could be a gamer someday.

Hence, I received an IM from him during his lunch break today with just a link to this picture:

\
Original Caption: "My Mom helping me through a hard level in Super Mario Land on the day Nintendo Gameboy was released." Source: http://imgur.com/wK7R1
My response?

"Well isn't that cute. At Casa de Nerds, that will probably be dad helping the munchkins through Mario while mom teaches them how to get flour all over the kitchen. :)"

Math According to Stephanie: Cooking and Baking Yummy Things > Beating Mario on the Original Nintendo

True story. Just ask Mr. Dude's taste buds.

Doesn't mean he won't keep trying, though ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear upon approval. Let's keep it clean and family-friendly, people!